Tiny Toppers Pre-school Play group
Address: Bee Park Community Centre, Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim
Tel: 071 98 20900
Opening Times: Monday – Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Please note that all payments must be paid in full for the number of days your child is originally booked into playschool. This amount is paid even if your child is absent.
Fees can be paid weekly or monthly or by the term. All fees MUST be paid in advance. Always wait until your payment has been entered in the register.
Please give your child a small drink of milk/juice along with a sandwich/fruit as we encourage a healthy diet. Diet can have a huge effect on behaviour especially chocolate, sugar and artificial colouring. Therefore NO sweets/crisps or fizzy drinks are allowed.
- Please send your child to playgroup in play clothes.
- Children should not bring toys in from home as these inevitably get lost or broken or can cause rows with the other children.
- If your child is to be collected by an alternative adult other than that is on record, the playleaders MUST be informed in advance.
- Collect your child on time as lateness leads to stress and fear in a child.
- The child must be 3 years of age and toilet-trained before attending playgroup.
- Children who show signs of illness must NOT attend playgroup.
A child will be excluded from the playschool if they have the following symptoms or illnesses and may return after 48 hours of treatment.
- The following illnesses and infections are of a week or more exclusion:
- Impetigo — 1 week
- Measles — 1 week after the appearance of the rash
- Chicken Pox — 1 week and/or when all spots are dry and crusted
- German Measles — 2 weeks after symptoms onset.
- Scabies — until cleared
- Conjunctivitis — until cleared
Playgroup is a group of 3-5 year old children exploring, discovering & adjusting socially through a play environment under the guidance of responsible adults who are aware of the needs of the pre-school child.
Aims and Objectives of Playgroup
- To provide a safe environment in which children are encouraged to play together.
- To highlight the importance of play in children’s development
- To provide a high standard of quality childcare service in the group
- To provide an environment where the children learn through play and most importantly have FUN.
- To enable the children to learn and develop the following:
- Sharing with others
- Social skills
- Co-ordination skills
- Waiting in turn
- Language skills
Activities in Playgroup:
- Sand Play
- Water Play
- Physical Activity
- Nursery Rhymes
- Constructive Toys
- Manipulative Toys
- Practical Life Exercises
Always remember we care about your child. If your child has a problem, please tell us. It may seem insignificant to you but it could be a very serious problem to them. We are all working towards the same goal i.e. to ensure that your child will have a happy and safe year in our care.